As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, October 27, 2013

CeLeBRaTe!! {Day 27 ~ "How Great a Debtor"}




When I consider His great grace...
    (amazing grace that I could never, ever earn)

When I realize that I am a debtor and that He has paid my debts...
     (I owed so much and He has paid it all!)

When I ponder His marvelous goodness...
     (and it is marvelous for He IS good)

How could I not celebrate?



One more rendition of the beautiful hymn, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"...




Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing   (lyrics by Robert Robinson)

 Come thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace; 
 Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise. 
 Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above. 
 Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, mount of thy redeeming love. 

 Here I raise mine Ebenezer; hither by thy help I'm come; 
 And I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home. 
 Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God; 
 He, to rescue me from danger, interposed his precious blood. 

 O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! 
 Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. 
 Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love; 
 Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above. 



This is Day 27 in the series CeLeBRaTe!!  Click ~here~ to see more.

4 comments:

  1. I just love how you keep returning to remind us of the SOURCE of our celebrations. And it doesn't hurt that this is one of my favorite hymns! I am not looking forward to the end of this series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you purposely change wandering to wondering? It certainly works both ways! We stand amazed at His great goodness to us...in that while we were still sinners... A happy Sunday afternoon. I hope that you're all on a hayride or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Vee, I did not purposefully change it! I just changed the graphic to say what Mr. Robinson originally said. :)

    You're right though...it really could work that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Cheryl, if you only knew how many times I have either sang or hummed this hymn this month! It just won't leave me, and for that I am so thankful, thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...