As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday Bits and Pieces



These "Bits and Pieces" are not in reference to my daughter's blog. Although her Bits and Pieces is a fine place to visit. These days there are bits of baby talk (they know the gender of their baby now!) as well as pieces of book talk and homeschool talk and running talk.


Ron returned to work today. Yes, I had to drive him, and yes, he is wearing a "space boot," but I think he is ready to leave the recliner and the world of Gunsmoke and Bonanza and Wagon Train. We praise the Lord that he is doing so well. 




In other news, today is National Coffee Day! That is my kind of holiday! I am planning on celebrating...maybe a couple of times. Will you celebrate?

graphic via Sandra Boynton's Facebook page





It took a little finagling for all of us to get to see the eclipse on Sunday night. Ron used his walker to get to the end of the sidewalk. I drove the van curbside, and then backed up to a good moon vantage point. Then he got out and into a patio chair that Bekah retrieved because he couldn't see very well through the tinted windows of the van. But we were all rewarded by a few fabulous between-the-clouds glimpses of God's amazing handiwork!

This is one of the photos that Kati took...

~ photo by Kati ~

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork."
Psalm 19:1



And just because this post is already random...

Have you been enjoying any autumn-y foods lately? Kristin brought some yummy apple cinnamon scones on Sunday.



I have been Pinning some recipes on my  Autumn! Pinterest board. I am eager to try the Pumpkin Crumb Muffins. Perhaps it was the  fabulous photo that drew me in! Take a look

Come to think of it, one of those muffins with my coffee would be an appropriate way to celebrate National Coffee Day! 

14 comments:

  1. That is an amazing photo of that muffin! Kati's photo is amazing too! We watched from or driveway!

    Coffee day means nothing to me but it is big with at least one of my girls! You know who!

    Glad Ron is doing well!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Ron is doing well and is back to work. Kati got an amazing photo. We saw it pretty well from our front porch too, but none of our pictures were very good. The scone looks positively delicious! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that moon capture is a corker! Just gorgeous. We had the perfect vantage point from our small deck, but I took no photos even close to that one.

    I am pretty amazed at Ron's quick return to work. I suppose one can only take so much of the Wild West. =D

    Hope that you enjoy your coffee. I would love to have a cup of coffee, but my tastebuds are all whacked with the meds and coffee no longer tastes good to me, along with nearly everything else except orange sherbert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink coffee -- can't stand the way it tastes -- but I got my hubby a free cup this morning. It was hard to find because everyone else was getting free coffee too. The only coffee I could get for him was decaf which was probably better for him anyways.

    That moon picture is beautiful! We had too many clouds and couldn't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that your husband is doing well and left the land of the wild west, Cheryl. I'm afraid I can't join in on the coffee celebration as I don't like coffee. My husband is a fan and will celebrate as he does most days. I will have one of those yummy looking scones with my tea, please.
    I love the photo your daughter took of the glory of the heavenly moon! My photos were not good, it was so cloudy here, but we did see peeks of the transition along the way. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cinnamon apple scone certainly fit the autumn theme. Oh yum!

    It's kinda chilly around here this afternoon. The sun has packed up for the day, it looks like, which means a freshly brewed cup of coffee would about hit the spot. With a teeny slice of homemade apple pie I made yesterday in celebration of a dear friend's birthday. There were a couple of leftover pieces, to my grin!

    Wishing you a beautiful day, Cheryl!
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kati got an amazing shot of the moon! Well done! I'm not a bear but I'm drawn to packing on a few pounds right now for winter with wonderful bites of autumn goodies!...oye!
    Yippee for your hubby returning to work. Daytime TV gets real boring fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a wonderful moon shot! Great job, Kati! I'm glad to hear your hubby is doing well enough to return to work. I didn't know about National Coffee Day, but I don't drink much of it until cooler weather. It's supposed to cool down a bit the next several days...I hope! I'm ready for soups and winter time food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kati got a wonderful picture of the moon. Beautiful. We could see it from here but there was a lot of cloud cover for a clear view. Have a great rest of the week Cheryl.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing photo she captured!!! Glad your guy is back to his real life! You can only watch so much TV so I bet he was more than ready!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a coffee with you right now!!! That moon picture is fabulous and so glad to hear that your hubby is getting a bit more mobile. BTW - our little grand baby is doing so well (her mommy keeps sending us videos of her cooing and playing - my heart is so full)! Off to check out that muffin recipe on your board ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that the surgery didn't ruin your Mister's appetite and that he's doing well. I'm sure it's painful, and the thought of having to do another is no fun... Kati's photo of the blood moon is amazing! I really need to learn how to use the manual settings on my camera! Wasn't it fun to see the blood moon! Love your opening photo today too, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had my usual one cup of coffee yesterday morning... no other celebrating for me. But I may have had a second cup if those scones of yours were any where near me...they look SO good! Great shot of the moon! As you may remember it has been raining here for days on end with just a short break today. I wanted so much to get a good shot of that eclipse :( I love all of the wonderful flavors of fall...I've just finished off the first pumpkin bread of the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, Cheryl, I too love to celebrate National Coffee Day, everyday, ~smile~
    I have not been blogging to much lately, I completely missed the scheduled foot surgery for Ron, I am so glad he is doing well, and is back to work.
    We were not able to see the eclipse Sunday, and were so disappointed, Katie did a great job of photographing it as she always does with her camera!
    I have joined Pinterest, but just haven't had the time to really set up my boards, thanks for sharing.
    Have a blessed day,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...